Focussing exclusively on companion animals Best Friends is superbly positioned to offer complete preventative and interventional healthcare for dogs, cats, chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, other small animals and more exotic pets. As well as companion animals we also quite frequently treat wild animals such as hedgehogs and waterfowl; as well as tortoises and ferrets to name but a few.
The range of services that we can offer includes but isn’t limited to: –
- Routine vaccinations including kennel cough for dogs and rabies for travelling pets
- Dietary advice and supply of life-stage and therapeutic diets
- Advice on and supply of routine flea and worming preparations such as Broadline, Milbemax, Nexgard, Prinovox, Program, and Spectra, depending on circumstances and time of year.
- Advice on neutering and surgery where appropriate
- Advice on oral hygiene and interventional dentistry where required
- Advice on choosing a new companion and those first few weeks
- Pet Travel Scheme passport and animal export advice, liaising with relevant authorities, documentation completion and passport issue.
- Microchip identification implantation and registration
- Non-routine consultations and second opinion/referral consultations for ill animals
- Diagnostics including radiography, ultrasonography, endoscopy, ECG and blood pressure monitoring.
- Routine and advanced blood analysis, allergy testing, pre-mating and pregnancy testing as well as access to more specialist lab test where indicated.
- Minimally invasive fine needle biopsy as an alternative to full surgical biopsies for unknown lumps and bumps.
- Surgical intervention for both soft tissue and orthopaedics
- Chemotherapy for drug responsive tumours
We also regularly see second opinion and referral clients for medicine cases from the surrounding area.